Growing up is hard enough for young women, but throw in “reality” television and today’s technology and it’s even harder. My hope is to reach out to as many young women as I can through posting items that inspire change, encourage personal growth and open everyone’s eyes to life from a feminist perspective. By posting my thoughts on things that I observe and referencing instances of my own or of women I know, I want to give an honest take on things that we do as women and the barriers we face. I have plenty more to learn as I make my way through life but I wish to impart what I know now to those who want to take it in. I welcome feedback and hope that this blog will become interactive. As women, we need to stick together and support one another so that we can rise up to be our best and most confident selves. That is one thing I know for sure!
- Whoever said lewd remarks to women walking in public are "compliments", get real. Sometimes even worse than the... fb.me/DxaxTyDd 1 day ago
- Women should help each other, not publicly shame each other. #seriously ifihadalittlesister.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/ser… 1 day ago
- Check out the blog's new segment: Seriously?... fb.me/26VKgFpUK 1 day ago
- I've been meaning to pick up her book to read and this has just reminded me to do so. fb.me/22oKtPq5P 2 weeks ago
- @Shape_Magazine I love the nutrition plans and work out routines and articles, but please STOP advertising diet pills #notbuyingit 2 weeks ago
Tagsabuse acceptance advice anti-bullying anxiety athlete attitude beauty be kind be yourself boys bullies bully bullying commandments confidence depression Dove Campaign ellen degeneres football friend friends friendships fun girls God injustice Lolo Jones love misogyny morality Olympics positive quiz real beauty relationships self esteem self worth smile sour stay true to yourself students support upbeat work together